Join Transport Alliance
find out more
Transport Alliance Australia (TAA) is a peak body for owners, drivers and stakeholders in the Commercial Passenger Vehicle industry. It is a non-profit body run by members, for members.
Become part of an industry group working for a better industry.
Covid-19 Business Support
We're collecting resources and information to keep the commercial passenger vehicle and transport industry up to date with the latest business and individual support options available during the Covid-19 crisis.
In September 2019 Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia changed its name to Transport Alliance Australia to better represent the diverse commercial passenger vehicle industry, including taxi, hire car, rideshare and other on demand transport options. TAA works to give a voice to members in state and federal government. Our objectives:
- to consider and deal with all questions and issues involving the commercial passenger vehicle industry;
- promote, support and propose legislative or other measures affecting the commercial passenger vehicle industry;
- campaign to improve driver/owner remuneration levels;
- protect the rights of drivers, owners, operators, networks and booking service providers in this industry;
- promote ideas and programs to assist in maintaining a high industry standard for TAA members.
UBER CLASS ACTION
TAA has been active in bringing a class action against Uber with Maurice Blackburn lawyers on behalf of participants in the taxi, hire-car, limousine and charter vehicle industry. We urge all taxi and hire car drivers, operators and licence owners to register their interest.
CPV Reforms Inquiry
On-demand workforce inquiry
Increased Road Toll Inquiry
Supplies of sanitiser, personal hygiene and cleaning products will be available to commercial passenger vehicles driver and operators in the next few days after TAA Victoria state director André Baruch and industry stakeholders asked for assistance to secure products at the regulator industry group meeting on Wednesday.
Advice for drivers and operators facing income stress due to the Covid-19 crisis. TAA is working hard to get extra support for our member drivers.
A hygiene training course for taxi and personalised transport drivers was launched today to ensure drivers understand and use hygiene best practises during the Covid-19 crisis.